Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Weekend at the Beach on the Olympic Penninsula!

We recently spent a weekend in a beach house on the Olympic Penninsula. We were joined by Mimi, Aunt Sharon, and Uncle Thomas partway through the weekend. Here are a few pictures from the first day shortly after we arrived.

A beautiful beach and some beautiful weather! Unfortunately as far as the weather was concerned, this turned out to be best day!

The beach!

We had to walk about 1/4 mile through the forest before we reached the beach. Turned out it was a HUGE beach... seemed like another 1/4 mile to reach the water!

I keep walking but never seem to reach the water! Are you sure that's not a mirage?!

Thanks for the help, Mom!

He found his second wind as we approached the water!

Sand!

A view of the woods where we came from...

Ahhhhh... we finally reached the water!


2 comments:

Sharon said...

I knew you would get some good pictures!! We had sooo much fun!!

Kathy said...

Great pics! I'm ready to leave the hot temps here and head back to the beach!